Bwin Poker Review
Bwin, formerly known as Bet And Win, is one of the most experienced gambling operators online. The company was launched in the 1990s and is still quite popular today. It has its own poker brand that operates in the network of Party Poker. If you want to know more about Bwin registration and features, feel free to check our review of the games, traffic, and promotions available.
One of the key points in the recent history of Bwin Poker was the deal with PartyPoker in 2011. The two giants in the online gambling industry decided to join forces because the market was becoming more and more competitive. The results are pretty good, as the PartyPoker network is currently one of the few that experienced a growth in the last year or two. Since Bwin Poker is part of it, the players can enjoy all the benefits of the merger between the two companies.
It’s interesting noting that Bwin Poker has a number of different gambling licenses from respected authorities such as the UK Gambling Commission. They allow the company to offers its online poker services in many countries from all around the globe. Simply put, if online poker is legal where you live, Bwin Poker is most probably available and perfectly legal.
As already mentioned, Bwin poker is part of the PartyPoker network right now. It has been growing recently and currently is one of the largest you will find online. The number of active players is constantly a couple of thousands and you will find plenty of action, even outside the peak hours. As a result, there are plenty of different games that are running all the time. Most of the active players at Bwin Poker are at the cash games, so let’s start our overview there:
- Micro and low limits: if you have a small bankroll and intend to grind the micro and low limits, Bwin poker is a great room to do so. You will find non-stop action and the opportunity to earn tons of bwinpoker rakeback. Nl Hold’em is the king and there are tons of tables available up to $25 NL at any given moment and especially during the peak hours. The situation is similar with the PL Omaha traffic. Both options are perfect if you have to clear a Bwin register bonus. You can easily multi-table and even select soft games if you are patient enough;
- Middle limits: a quick look at the bwinpoker middle limits shows similar results. There are loads of tables in the $50-200 Nl Holdem range and decent opportunities for PL Omaha too. The only difference to the micro limits is that you won’t find that many people outside of the peak hours, but the games are still running, just not that intensely;
- High limits: if you are a high roller and prefer to play Omaha, this is where you will run into some difficulties. There are some tables up to $2,500, but you won’t have the chance to table select. The NL Holdem games at Bwin poker are still going strong up to $1,000 or so. There are a couple above that, usually in the most active hours.
It’s worth mentioning that about 1/3 of the bwinpoker tables are anonymous. The room also offers its own fast-fold poker product called Fast poker. Simply put, you will be able to instantly fold any hand you don’t like and get moved to the next table without losing time. The action here is concentrated around the micro and low limits, but you could find some mid-level tables at Bwin poker too. The lowest Fast poker tables start at $4 NL and the highest go all the way up to $100 NL.
Another cool and innovative format available at bwinpoker is Poker Hero. It’s a hyper turbo SNG for 4 players and the prize pool is randomly determined before each game starts. You could win up to a couple of thousands times your buy-in which attracts tons of players. It’s the most popular SNG format of Bwin Poker, but there are many more options. Traditional games with 5-10 on one or more table with different blind structures are available. The traffic is not as good as Poker Hero, though.
Finally, Bwin Poker offers a complete tournament schedule with plenty of guaranteed events with all kinds of buy-ins. There are tons of daily options starting from $1 and going up to a couple of hundred bucks. The largest bwinpoker tournament is the weekly Sunday. The entry there costs $215 and the guaranteed prize pool is $300,000. If you can’t afford it, you could try one of the countless satellites that are running the whole week before the tournament starts.
It’s worth mentioning that the level of the completion across all formats is not very high. You will find plenty of soft tables, especially compared to other online poker rooms with similar traffic levels. Simply put, Bwin poker offers a sweet spot for both solid action and weak opponents.
Software and Trackers
There were some complaints by the players of Bwin Poker a couple of years ago. The client was hardly the best on the market, but it has been polished and is much better now. The user interface is intuitive and the design is clean. On top of that, you can customize the table layout in a number of different ways. Furthermore, Bwin Poker is available on iOS and Android, so you can play on the go with ease.
When it comes to other software such as Poker Tracker and Holdem Manager, we’ve got mixed news. You can’t use them on anonymous tables and HUDs are not available too. Still, you could collect hands and analyze your game later on.
Bwin Poker Rake Structure
The rake structure is essential when it comes to defining your bwinpoker rakeback expectations. Here is what to expect from the online poker room:
- Cash games: the system used by Bwin poker is the classic weigh-contributed. This means you will get a proportionate amount of the rake, depending on what you put in the pot. Bwin poker charges 5%, but there are caps on all cash tables;
- Multi-table tournaments: most of the tournaments of Bwin poker charge 10% in rake, but it could be lower on the higher levels;
- SNGs: the rake varies when it comes to SNG tables, but it’s in the 5-10% range.
Bwin Poker Rakeback
It’s a bit hard to determine the exact rakeback you could get at Bwin Poker. The poker room has a welcome offer of €100 which equals about 25% until you clear the bonus. On top of that, Bwin poker offers a VIP program that could bring you another 20% or so on a regular basis. Finally, the poker room has plenty of other promotions that run a weekly or monthly basis. They cover all formats available which means you can easily get even more rakeback from them. All things considered, if you put a solid volume each month and take full advantage of the promotions you could get around 40% in rakeback, even when you’re done with the welcome bonus.
If you are affiliated by PokerProDeals to play in this room, you will get up to 60% rakeback. To get details, contact us.
Table of Contents
❓ Why is it profitable to play on Bwin Poker?
You can always find a good action game at all limits, compete with weak European players and get many bonuses, promotions and rake races, playing in Bwin Poker.
❓ Does Bwin Poker have a bonus for the first deposit?
Bwin Poker gives new players a bonus of up to €100.
❓ Can HUD be used on Bwin Poker?
No. Since the June 2019 Bwin Poker has forbidden statistics trackers usage such as Holdem Manager and PokerTracker.